среда, 2 сентября 2015 г.

DIY Driftwood Wreath Instructions

DIY Driftwood Wreath Instructions
Restoration Hardware wreath

This DIY driftwood wreath is so simple to make and costs a fraction of the ones I saw at Restoration Hardware recently. It all started with a visit to my very stylish daughter’s home and noticed an awesome driftwood wreath hanging in their dining room. It looked just like one from Restoration Hardware, but I couldn’t believe that they had spent $129 on a “wooden” wreath. “No way, Mom, we got it at HomeSense” (our version of Home Goods). That made more sense. It cost a fraction of the Restoration Hardware version.


driftwood wreath New House New Home
driftwood wreath close-up New House New Home

Anyways, the following week I came across a bag of small driftwood pieces for a really low price while out thrifting. I had a plan!! Why not make my own version?


Here’s what you’ll need:

Driftwood pieces about 3-4″ long (scour your local beach/riverbank or pick some up at a craft store)


Glue Gun and glue sticks


wreath supplies New House New Home
driftwood wreath supplies New House New Home
Yes, I only paid $5 for the whole bag!

Step One: Heat up your glue gun.


Step Two: While the glue is heating up, sort through your pieces to find a mix of bigger and smaller ones.


base layer wreath New House New Home
driftwood wreath base layer New House New Home

Step Three: Start layering bigger pieces on the base of the wreath, glueing as you go. The big pieces will add some depth to the wreath and act as a base for smaller pieces to be glued in place.


finished wreath New House New Home
Step Four: Continue layering driftwood until your can’t see the wreath base and you have a nice rounded look.

Step Five: Fill in any “holes” with smaller pieces adding some interesting ones to the very outside layer.



All in all, it took me about 30 minutes to make this statement piece. I’m loving how it looks on the grass cloth wallpaper in our back entrance. But I may move it outside once the warmer weather arrives.


I love saving money!! And this easy project saved me over $100!

Original article and pictures take www.newhousenewhomenewlife.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий